Water Polo Goalie Conditioning Workout ~ December 7, 2017
It’s been about a week since the season ended for my team. I don’t know about you but I’m ready to start working out again.
This is a workout I did. It took us an hour to complete the in-water conditioning.Depending on your fitness level it should take an hour to an hour and a half to complete.
Stretch and/or mobility work.
- 200 free
- 100 breast/back
- 100 eggbeater (hit all directions)
- 75 bunny hop/Chair
- 25 yards bunny hop left, right, forward,
- Forward in the chair. You can add other directions if you want.
A bunny hop is just a vertical breaststroke kick. Make sure to hit forward, left, and right as part of the 75 bunny hop.
The chair is your bring your legs, hips, and feet underneath you like you are sitting upright in a school chair. You are only sculling to keep you up and to move forward.
This is just a recommended warm-up. Add or remove what you need to get yourself ready for a workout.
5 x 100 free on 1:20 Intervals
Adjust the interval to your level.
5 x 25 with Heavy Vest
- 15 seconds rest between each 25.
- Hit all 5 directions
- 45° left
- 45° right
Training Tool Needed: Weighted Vest
3 x 3 Stretchchordz Work
- 3 sets of 3 reps
- 1 set of 3 forward
- 1 set of 3 left
- 1 set of 3 right
Training Tool Needed: Strecthchordz (Red)
3 x The Lazar
I grabbed this drill from Lazar Andric’s, former Cal goalie and now Cal coach, Instagram feed.
- Fill and then drain a 5 gallon water jug.
- Immediately perform 6 lunges alternating each side
- perform them as quick as you can
- Lunge as far as you can too
- for variation mix in low corner lunges, high corner lunges, and lobs.
Training Tool Needed: 5 Gallon Water Jug
Download This Workout as a PDF!
Enter your name and email below to download this workout as a PDF.